16. A TENENCIA. REDES-CAAMOUCO INSTRUCTIVE ASSOCIATION SCHOOL
Lugar da Tenencia, s/n
[43°25'39.9"N · 8°12'19.3"W]
This Instructive Association was established in Havana in 1911 by a group of emigrants from San Vicente de Caamouco. They soon established a branch in this parish, chaired by Nicolás Noche Castro, one of the driving forces behind the construction of the Tenencia school, which opened in 1915. It was the work of the master builder, José Calvo. It is a striking building whose architectural harmony stands out. It had two classrooms each with its own bathroom. Both rooms were separated by a central corridor. It also counted on ample landscaped areas for different sports and leisure activities.