12. ARES ALLIANCE FOR INSTRUCTION SCHOOL
Rúa María, 11
[43°25'31.6"N · 8°14'45.1"W]
It was founded by the Ares Alliance for Instruction in Havana (Cuba) in 1904, at 148 Calle Industria, the home of Domingo Troche. He became the pioneer of all microterritorial community organizations that later developed in many places in Galicia. With the plans sent from Havana, the first pavilion of the school in the port opened in 1909, exclusively for children. In 1911, a stone wall was built around it with an iron fence and pilasters supporting the entrance door. Agustín Bendamio Leiro contributed most of the money towards the central pavilion, inaugurated in 1936.