17. FRAIÁN VILLA
San Martiño do Porto. On the left-hand side of the local road that leads from Cabanas to Mugardos
[43°25'41.3"N · 8°10'40.8"W]
This villa was commissioned by the Patiño brothers from Cabanas, who had emigrated to Havana. The local architect Manuel Leira y Leira produced the design to modify the maternal house, which dates from 1889. The house combines regionalist and modernist features. Its main features are a long lateral timber gallery, with its detailed carpentry design, and the tower at the rear, with a square floor shape and three floors culminating in a highly modulated balcony with wrought iron rails and an Arabic tile steep apex roof, finished off by a graceful metallic needle that acts as a lightning conductor.